State Rural Employment Society (SRES)
State Rural Employment Society (SRES) is registered under the Society Registration Act XII of 1983 and designated as the Nodal Agency for implementing the Central flagship programme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) in the State. The basic purpose of forming this Society is to put in place a dedicated and focused support structure at the State level to manage the State Employment Guarantee Fund (SEGF).
The objectives of the society are:
- To carry out the management of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) as per its provisions and mandate.
- To improve delivery mechanism system of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in the State.
- To promote awareness of village institutions so established for purpose of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in participating Government programmes and strengthen them for providing necessary guidance and support.
- Build capacity of village institutions and empower them to take responsibilities for management of resources providing employment and execution of works in MGNREGA.
- To collect, collate, analyse and process information required for the policy decision as far as MGNREGA is concerned.
- To support and collaborate with various institutions/organisations of the state/outside the state on matters relevant from the point of view of the objectives of the society.
- To monitor the progress of the projects and programmes taken up from the resources provided to the society and conduct evaluations of these programmes and projects according to the time frame and details considered appropriate.
- To receive funds from the government, state and central, financial institutions towards promotion of the goals and objectives of the society.
- To provide trainings and capacity building of the State, District and Block officials along with VEC functionaries in the implementation of the MGNREGA
- To provide technical guidance in in the implementation of the MGNREGA
For more information visit http://megsres.nic.in